October 31, 2011

Day 38...Now THIS is feels like Texas!

Start of Day 38!


It was 10 degrees warmer this morning…a balmy 49 degrees. It actually felt warm to me so I knew that mid-day would be a sizzler. The sun was out with all her force by 8am. We hit the road at 9am. The start to our day has become increasingly later since we changed time zones and the sun is rising later. I guess fatigue has something to do with it too ;-)

Texas open road


We set out knowing the land would be baron. But, the sun was out and the wind was surprisingly at our back. We both felt great and flew for the first half of our day. Jim and Jeff drove ahead and we met them 50 miles later for lunch in the RV.
Jim about to go through a pass


Jim joined us for the second half of our ride.  I had a hard time getting my legs back after lunch and my lower back started to ache a bit. I concentrated on the gorgeous scenery around me and grunted through 40 more miles.

Jeff had found a place to park in a very small town called Dryden, TX. He was, of course, chatting it up with the locals. What a friendly guy!

Today we rode from Del Rio, TX to Dryden, TX. We passed The Rio Grande (although didn’t actually see it), rode over the Pecos River…
Pecos River, TX


saw a few cargo trains traversing the land (pulling 100 cars each)…

Trains..


and rode through passing upon passing that had been blasted out hundreds of years ago to make way for the roads… and us of course.
Cruising through a passing
Close up view of the rock


Today we rode 90 miles...phew...I am definitely feeling the miles now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment