September 27, 2011

Day 5....Wait, are my brake pads rubbing?

Valley Forge National Historical Park



We had a great 73 mile ride today through incredible Pennsylvania country-side. There were lots of tough climbs though and my quads are starting to feel it. About 40 miles into the ride Kevin pulled over to see if his brake pads were rubbing...he couldn't figure out how he could be going so slow up the hills! HA HA HA!!! There is an easy explanation, actually. You see, we are both from the eastern end of Long Island where it is FLAT. There are only about 6 fairly decent hills and none compare to the ones we grunted up today. At least the down hills were fast and fun! "Woo hoo" worthy as my mountain biking friends Sinead, Vanessa, Sue, Jane + Jeanine would say.


Bridge over Schuylkill River


Our ride today took us through Conshohocken, along Schuylkill River (via a quiet bike path), through Valley Forge National Historical Park, past Maple Grove Speedway and finally to Reamstown, PA where we are camping tonight. The climbing is something to get used to and I'm hoping it will happen before the Appalachians!

I had an AMAZING and GRACIOUS donation of $1,000 today from a woman named Katie Jesionowski. I received the email when I was at mile 65. I was speechless and elated! Needless-to-say, I felt no soreness or pain in my legs for the last 8 miles of the ride. Every person who has been so kind to donate is very special to me and to have such a large contribution as I did today was mind-blowing. Thank you Katie!



No comments:

Post a Comment